Bicycle & Pedestrian Accidents
Contact us for consultation today!
Bicycle and Pedestrian Accidents
More than 500,000 people in the United States are treated in emergency departments, and more than 700 people die in a result of bicycle-related injuries each year. Children are at particularly high risk for bicycle-related injuries. Children 15 years and younger typically account for more than 50% of all bicycle-related injuries.
Most bike riders need to be aware; drivers of cars and trucks do not pay sufficient attention to their surroundings, and frequently fail to take in regard the rights of cyclists. Disastrously, bike riders are often injured or killed by motorists who:
- Do not check their blind spot before lane changes.
- Attempt right turns directly in front of oncoming bicyclists.
- Fail to give sufficient space on the shoulder.
- Open doors in front of them.
- Operate their vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Ignore stop signs.
- Exit from driveways or side streets without looking.
Victims of bicycle accidents can result in the following serious injuries:
- Head trauma.
- Brain injuries.
- Facial injuries or trauma.
- Broken bones.
- Internal organ damage.
- Neck injuries.
- Spinal injuries.
- Dismemberment or amputation.
- Lacerations and major bruising.
- Bicycle accidents can occur despite the skill of the cyclist.
If you are involved in an accident, take the following steps:
- Seek immediate medical attention for any injuries that you have sustained.
- Get the insurance, driver’s license and vehicle information from any drivers a part of the accident.
- Contact the police and have an accident report written up just as you would if the accident involved two motor vehicles.
- Obtain the contact information of any witnesses. Often, motorists in bicycle accident cases contest liability, so witnesses can be extremely important in proving liability.
- Always take photos of the accident scene, including if you receive injuries and any damage to your bike.
Getting The Legal Representation You Need
411 PAIN’s network of lawyers have years of involvement in pursuing and pleasing lawsuits on behalf of victims who are injured as a result of inattentive drivers, and government agencies. Confusing or missing road signs and poorly implemented traffic signals can be as much a factor in causing pedestrian & bicycle injuries as negligent drivers. Call 1-800-411-PAIN as soon as possible if you or anyone you know has been involved in a crash. 1-800-411-PAIN also helps out the community. If you have been injured in an accident, call us directly at 1-800-411-PAIN or contact us now for a call back. If you or someone you know has been injured in an accident, call us directly at
1-800-411-PAIN or contact us now for a call back.